- The gateway must support 2.4 GHz (not 5 GHz).
- The network name (SSID) must not contain blanks and must not be ‘hidden’.
- The network must have a password and not be ‘open’.
- The network must not be a portal type network that is ‘open’ and requires a login via a website browser.
- The gateway shall support and be set up for 802.11 ‘b’ or ‘g’ protocol. Our Wi-Fi chip does not support newer network protocols, i.e. ‘n’. This is sometimes known as ‘Legacy’.
- The signal strength should be sufficient (at least two bars on a phone).