Skip to content
- Plug the USB power cable (provided) into the port on the SideWinder AP labelled ‘Power’.
- Plug the RJ45 cable (provided) into the socket labelled ‘WAN’ on the SideWinder AP.
- Plug the 5V power supply plug onto the USB power cable. If you intend to use a USB power socket on the router, follow step 4 first before plugging in.
- Plug the RJ45 cable into a free and active port on the router or network switch.
- Plug the power supply into a 3 pin wall socket and switch on.
- The two outside lights should be on after approx. 30-60 seconds.
- Isolate the SideWinder device (AlertMaxx2/Rego1) – mains power (both if applicable).
- Remove the device lid (4 x screws) and disconnect the 6V battery (both cables).
- Insert the SEU/Wi-Fi card into the corresponding slot on the mother PCB (far left) and ensure to switch the black control switch to the ‘SEU’ position.
- Plug in the battery, replace the lid on the device and power on the supply/s.
- The device will shortly start to flash fast blue to indicate the first data records are being sent to the SideWinder Tech remote monitoring system.
- Setup is now complete.
- If you experience issues during setup, please email our tech team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are setting up the Wi-Fi on the device for the first time, please login and complete the activation form below.
Do not switch anything else on the SideWinder-AP or push Reset.